City of Baldwin City Volunteer Firefighters are required to:
Be 18 years of age
Live or work in Baldwin City or Palmyra Township
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have a valid driver’s license and an insurable driving record
- Must complete a background check, pre-employment physical and drug screening
City of Baldwin City Volunteer Firefighters are asked to:
- Attend monthly department meetings held the 1st Monday
- Attend monthly department training sessions held the 3rd Monday
- Respond to emergencies.
- Participate in various Baldwin City community events
- City provided gym membership.
- Volunteers are paid per call, meeting and training.
Must confirm USCIS employment eligibility (I‐9) upon hire. (EOE)
Baldwin City Volunteer Fire Department The Baldwin City Fire Department was officially chartered on February 4, 1910 as a volunteer fire department. Anyone interested in joining or learning about the Baldwin City Fire Department is encouraged to stop by the Fire Station. The BCFD volunteers meet at the Fire Station the 1st Monday of every month at 7:30pm, the 3rd Monday of every month for training at 7:30 p.m., and they can be found at the BCFD every Sunday around 10 a.m. for truck checks. Please stop by at these times for more information or to meet members of the BCFD and be given a tour of the Fire Station.