Door-to-Door Sales in Baldwin City
July 18, 2022
Summertime means door-to-door sales people. Here’s what you need to know about how the city handles requests to sell in town.
- Anyone going door to door or selling from the street or their vehicle must apply for a license through the City Clerk.
- All applicants go through a background check.
- Once fees are paid and background check clears, the applicant is issued a permit to show they are allowed to do business inside city limits.
- Please note - the city in no way endorses any business or individual licensed in this manner. This is simply permission to work in town, similar to a normal business operating license.
- Each solicitor, canvasser, or peddler must show their identification and city permit upon request.
For the city code, please click here: https://bit.ly/peddlersapp.
Return to list.