Tenants to Homeowners Bringing Affordable Homes to Baldwin
November 15, 2021
Tenants to Homeowners is bringing a new program to Baldwin City, offering five homes to low-to-moderate income households.
Coming soon, a program to bring lower-cost homes to town!
Tenants to Homeowners will soon have homes in Baldwin City available for purchase by qualifying buyers. Click on the image to view more photos.
If you’re unfamiliar with their community housing trust and home purchase program, read more here.
They are building three new homes on the 900 Block of 12th Street & around the corner on Jersey. Two of these homes will be 3 bedroom split-entry ranches, the home on Jersey will be a 3 bedroom true slab ranch with a zero-step entry. Two additional homes will be purchased into our community housing trust. All five homes will be sold at approximately 40% subsidy to qualifying buyers and held permanently affordable in the community housing trust.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Credit score of 680 or higher
- Meet income guidelines (more information)
- No bankruptcies in the last 2 years
- Good bill pay within the last 2 years
- Must attend a free homebuyer workshop, see schedule here.
- You must be able to qualify for a home loan from a Tenants to Homeowners lender. This means you must have stable verifiable income, good credit and a low debt-to-income ratio.
- Homes must be owner-occupied.
This program is an exciting and innovative way to make affordable housing available, and be certain it passes to others who need the lower-cost housing in the future.
Return to list.