Be mindful of neighbors, seniors, pets, and individuals with PTSD or similar trauma
Fireworks are allowed between the hours of 8am and midnight from June 27th through July 4th within city limits. Bottle rockets and similar are not allowed. Read what city code has to say about fireworks here.
The Independence Day Celebration orchestrated by the Baldwin City Recreation Commission is Saturday, July 3rd, at the Golf Course. Details on the event are available here.
- Attend the Rec’s Independence Day celebration at the golf course, listen to great music, and watch the professional fireworks show
- Use glow sticks for kids and colored lights in place of sparklers
- Spend time with friends and family
- Celebrate safely
- Be mindful of neighbors, seniors, pets, and individuals with PTSD or similar trauma
- Have a bucket of water on hand to extinguish fireworks and in case of fire
- Never disrupt traffic flow while setting off fireworks
- Don’t set fireworks off in your hands
- Monitor sparkler use carefully — they can cause third degree burns
- Bottle rockets and similar flying fireworks are against city code
- Definitely don’t aim fireworks at your neighbors’ house
- Under no conditions should you ever dispose of fireworks in the trash without soaking them first
We want you to have fun, get through the holiday safely, and still be friends with your neighbors on July 5th. Our emergency services personnel would like to see a safe and happy community through the next week, and we’ll be here if you need us.